Friday, January 10, 2014

Vape anyone?



Finally getting the last few travel items put away, I got to the very bottom of my back pack and found this:



I looked at it for a while, drawing a blank, and showed it to Richard. Neither of us had ever seen the item before. There's a light thingie on one end so we thought maybe it was a flashlight. Finally I was looking at it from a different angle and realized it looked like a cigarette. "Gamucci" is written on the side of the thing and a Google search reveals that it is indeed a Ecigarette. Puffing on it causes the light to turn on, sort of glow and it generates some simulated smoke.
Vaping utilizes a Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin based liquid, mixed with small amounts of nicotine and food grade flavoring that then get vaporized in a small battery powered atomizer. Simulating the experience of smoking, the vapor created is inhaled and exhaled much like cigarette smoke hence the term “VAPING” as opposed to “SMOKING” 

How did it get in my backpack? We had to check our packs at some of the museums in Vienna, which is the only time mine would have been out of my sight. Perhaps someone accidentally dropped it in? Or is it some devilishly clever marketing ploy. Reverse theft? 

It was a reminder to periodically examine the contents of my back pack when on the road...not for items stolen but for items planted.
Scary thought. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. You describe this topic very well. I really enjoy reading your blog and I will definitely bookmark it! Keep up the interesting posts.
    Vape

    ReplyDelete