Thursday, April 26, 2012

Morph Suits

I read today about young Brits on holiday wearing Morph suits, so called because you can "morph" into someone else when you wear one. No doubt I'm the last to become aware of these hideous garments.


I wondered if these 18 or 19 year old kids, having grown up with the ability to communicate anonymously electronically, are afraid to be totally exposed as themselves in real life social situations. Do they lack social skills or do they want behave very badly and remain anonymous?  You can drink right through the fabric....not sure about other bodily functions.

The whole body condom, sort of a bad joke, has become a reality offering a weird kind of protection for the whole persona. Personal responsibility be damned. Am I reading too much into this?

The manufacturer will be reaching out to the female market this year offering a version with a tutu
attached.

Maybe for the avocado festival next year.........

3 comments:

  1. i think the secret service should be ordering these in bulk, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kmorgan4:41 PM

    Look up artist Nick Cave and his "sound suits" - these are body suits to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make me think of Keith Haring's characters. They're fun.Saw some guys riding tricycles at the Gay Pride Parade last year in Montreal.
    I would be more worried if guys lived like this.Now that would make for an awkward moment if I had to take my morning coffee facing one of those...

    ReplyDelete