Monday, April 18, 2011

The final Drive Thru

In the LA Times on Sunday there was an article about paying ones last respects via drive-thru. In Compton, the Robert L. Adams Mortuary offers this service. The Times reports that "the Adams funeral parlor brings to the business of death, the convenience of the living". Adams is the only funeral company in Southern California that recognizes the need for this service: "a speedy way for well-known community folk to be viewed en masse". Those who can't walk or aren't very mobil or just dislike funeral homes, are able to roll through quickly and avoid all that.

Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't get it. If you care enough to get into the vicinity of the funeral home, why wouldn't you drag your sorry butt inside?

I found this photo of a Florida funeral home drive thru on an amusing website called My Undertaking - "the last one to let you down". Doesn't look currently active. My Undertaking
There is a comment on this blog which claims the funeral home added this feature because of gang violence. I guess you're never safe in that neighborhood.

H 



No comments:

Post a Comment