Tuesday, June 03, 2014

RIP Buster



We had a sad day yesterday. Buster didn't show up for his dinner on Sunday night. We started to worry about him and began searching the property. Monday morning we found him dead in the stream bed. Dr. Jones said he was likely bitten by a rattlesnake because he had no visible marks on him and his guts and heart were in good condition. 

Buster was a splendid pet for all his seven years. Brother Pink will miss him sorely as they were litter mates and inseparable. They ate together, hunted together and usually slept within eye shot of each other.  My keyboard is getting splashed.....

I don't believe in people heaven but I'm sure there's one for cats. RIP Buster. You'll be missed.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Sorry to hear about Buster. Condolences from our kitties, Louis, Jr. and Gigi.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Oh Helen i am so sorry i know how hard it is. Beth C

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to lose a pet that you've become so attached to. I lost my favorite cat, Che to a sudden illness a couple of years ago. He was the best and most interesting cat ever. His pal Leo is still here, but his days are numbered. Leo is a true survivor. Of all the cats I've had over the years, he has been the longest lived and most indestructible. He recently recovered from some sort of virus. We were sure he wouldn't make it, but he surprised us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying while I'm writing this. I'm so sorry for you and Richard and Pink. I know how you all feel.
    With love from Chloe, Zoe, Sassie, Baby, Stray Cat George and me.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is just too sad. I'm so sorry.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete