Friday, October 03, 2014

Mr. Cashew

We have a new family member, Mr. Cashew, who joined us this week. Poor little thing was neutered and then had a long trip. He's five months old and starting to look more like a cat than a kitten. For the first few days he was under the bed, but he's gradually gotten used to us and now has half the house to wander. Pink, the older cat looks at him through the screen door and doesn't seem to be too upset by him...no hissing or screaming. I think they're going to get along just fine.


Here's a photo of his Dad, Blazing Red...a champion Somali. We don't care about pedigree, but most people who own Somalis show them, thus the fancy photo.

I have a photo of Cashew's litter mate...she's very dainty and girlish. She went to a home in New York. I think she'll have a lighter coat than he has. There were only two kittens in the litter.
Mr. Cashew's sister.

Mr. Cashew's Mom as a kitten.


3 comments:

  1. Mr. Cashew is adorable, or I guess I should say - handsome. That picture of his dad is fantastic.
    Somalis are certainly gorgeous cats. I think Pink is going to be very happy.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing great and the cats are simply curious about each other so far. The little one grabs Pink's tail which he (Pink) doesn't like too much, but I'm hoping they'll eventually play with each other. I'm not sure if Cashew will stick as his name. We keep calling him little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Love the color of Mr. Cashew. The name suits him.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete