Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Warning: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo contains smoking


Our book club read and enjoyed this book. I thought it would make a good film and have been watching for it. Released a few months ago, the reviews for this Swedish work are generally good - 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. Turns out it's scheduled for video release soon so we can order it from Net Flix. I was surprised at the rating information from the Washington Post review.  "'Smoking"?  I've never seen that warning for a movie before and it's listed right after rape!


It's probably not a bad warning for a movie intended for a younger audience. But this one? 


GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. 

** Unrated. At area theaters. Contains obscenity, violence, grisly crime scene photos, nudity, sex, rape and smoking, all in large quantities. In Swedish with English subtitles. 152 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. that's too weird about the smoking rating. But I'm all for it. There's entirely too much smoking in movies. and some of those actors make it look so enticing - sometimes it makes me want to light up myself (and I've never smoked)!!
    That actress in the photo is exactly how I pictured the character to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smoking in film does that to me too. Whenever I watch Mad Men I feel like lighting up.

    ReplyDelete