Friday, January 02, 2015

Vacations Over Part 2

CGIT camp, about 1955 or 1956. Canadian Girls in Training. My father called it "cutest girls in town".
Could have been a farewell shot...as I look sad, I'm going to guess it was just before going home. 
I'm in the front on the left, such a pipsqueak. My best friend Linda is on the right. Through 
Linda I hear about three of the ladies in the back row and Norma Simpson who kneels between Linda and me. 

At the beginning of the camp we were all home sick. As the days flew by we adjusted to the new routines and recognized that liberation from our siblings and parents was fun! 

Another goodbye today to the good company we've had helping us in the villa, Wayan and her brother Koman. Hope we see them again.


1 comment:

  1. My wife spent her childhood at a camp in Algonquin, Canada called Tamakwa. Among her counselors were Gilda Radner and Chevy Chase. She had to take a boat to camp. We visited a few years ago and it was beautiful. The campers have stayed rather close through adult life.

    ReplyDelete