Thursday, December 11, 2014

Elevator Encounter Dubai

The elevator doors opened and a young girl started to come out. She bit her lip, looking past us to the concierge desk. After a second she sighed and with a shrug, stepped back in; we got on and punched M for main floor. 

The curvy young girl was dressed in a satin strapless dress and extremely high heels. She had long thick black hair, beautifully shiny. Her artificial eye lashes, about 1/4 inch thick, enhanced her huge brown eyes. On her arms, constellations of stars started at her wrists and exploded up her arms. Little individual stars, small and mostly blue appeared on one shoulder, sprinkled across her chest and continued down her back. They were quite beautiful.  Her little bag was beaded and as she opened and closed it I could see her Marlborough cigarettes. The whole package - girl, make-up, last night's dress, circumstances - spelled Hooker, loud and clear.

On floor 4 an older couple stepped in, about our age. They glanced at her and looked at the floor. So did she.

Third floor. The doors opened and three Japanese piled in, chattering away about cell phone cost, laughing and wholly engaged in each other. They barely noticed the rest of us. The girl had to step back to make room for them.  About an inch away from me now, I could further examine and appreciate the artful spray of stars scattered across her shoulder bones and the back of her shoulders. Her tattoos were unlike the schlocky stuff you see around Fallbrook. These were artistry and so striking I'll remember them long after my impression of the girl herself willl have vanished. 

Second floor. An Asian man dressed in a suit and pulling his suitcase, stepped in, glancing around at us before he assumed elevator position - facing the doors and looking up at the floor numbers flashing by.

Main floor. The hooker girl looked up and chewing her lip, walked out, oozing confusion. We exited behind her and watched her walk away teetering on the spike heels, hair swaying, stars twinkling - out the front door and into the bright sunlight. 

And as we watched her, why wouldn't this song brain-worm me leaving a slimy trail of
irony in it's wake. 

I enjoy being a Girl

I'm a girl, and by me that's only great!
I am proud that my silhouette is curvy,
That I walk with a sweet and girlish gait
With my hips kind of swivelly and swervy.

I adore being dressed in something frilly
When my date comes to get me at my place.
Out I go with my Joe or John or Billy,
Like a filly who is ready for the race!

When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl!

When men say I'm cute and funny
And my teeth aren't teeth, but pearl,
I just lap it up like honey
I enjoy being a girl!

I flip when a fellow sends me flowers,
I drool over dresses made of lace,
I talk on the telephone for hours
With a pound and a half of cream upon my face!

I'm strictly a female female
And my future I hope will be
In the home of a brave and free male
Who'll enjoy being a guy having a girl... like... me.

When men say I'm sweet as candy
As around in a dance we whirl,
It goes to my head like brandy,
I enjoy being a girl!

When someone with eyes that smoulder
Says he loves ev'ry silken curl
That falls on my iv'ry shoulder,
I enjoy being a girl!

When I hear the compliment'ry whistle
That greets my bikini by the sea,
I turn and I glower and I bristle,
But I happy to know the whistle's meant for me!

I'm strictly a female female
And my future I hope will be
In the home of a brave and free male
Who'll enjoy being a guy having a girl... like... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment